Arts Education Internship, Picasso Project
Posted by Public Citizens for Children and Youth on June 2, 2014
PCCY is the region’s leading children’s advocacy organization, working to improve the lives and life chances of children in Southeastern Pennsylvania. PCCY seeks highly organized, motivated interns to work on arts education coordination, evaluation and advocacy. The Picasso Project (http://www.pccy.org/picassoproject) brings the arts to Philadelphia Public Schools through a mini-grants program, funding visual and performing arts and multimedia explorations at 15 schools a year as well as mobilizing advocacy for more funds for arts education city wide. Interns will gain exposure to Philadelphia public schools and all elements of running a non-profit, including fundraising, working with board committees, public relations and media outreach, and program evaluation. Specific tasks include:
· Attending and documenting school performance events in June
· Organizing and attending arts-driven Action Days at City Hall in June
· Refining , soliciting and analyzing evaluations from 15 participating schools
· Outreach to potential teacher applicants in diverse geographic areas of Philadelphia
· Assisting the Director in creating content for web-based outreach and the Picasso Blog
· Compiling and creating Picasso Project digital and print marketing materials
Highly organized and self-motivated individuals may apply. Knowledge of SurveyMonkey, Philadelphia geography, schools & arts organizations, multimedia and graphic design skills are a plus.
REQUIREMENTS: Students in Masters and Undergraduate programs and unaffiliated volunteers will be considered.
COMPENSATION: The internship is unpaid.
SCHEDULE: 25 hours per week, M W Th or as arranged.
TERM: Internship is available starting June 1 – August 30 or as arranged. One – month internship (June 1- June 30) also available.
Gretchen Elise Walker
Picasso Project Director
Public Citizens for Children and Youth
Seven Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, Pa 19103
215-563-5848 x 22 / 215-563-9442
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator, Phila. Youth Football Academy
- Call for Volunteers: Greater & Green Conference – Jun 18-20
- Volunteers Needed to Drive Food, Puentes de Salud
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.