Arts + Business Council Manager
The Arts + Business Council (ABC) is seeking an energetic professional with a connection to the arts and culture sector that has a passion for continued learning. The ideal candidate gets excited about personal and professional growth for themselves and others, deep listening, and gathering and incorporating feedback. An equity and inclusion lens has guided their work and can be demonstrated in a meaningful and intentional way. They consider themselves a connector and community builder with a collaborative spirit that likes to serve as a resource for others. Project management and communication are this candidate’s top strengths; they thrive in getting things done in a timely, thorough, and organized manner.
Primary Position Purpose
The manager is involved in all aspects of ABC’s activities with a focus on program execution and outreach. This position leads ABC’s leadership and professional development programs, executes the Defining Innovation series and oversees social media and the artist directory. The manager collaborates with the ABC team and cross-departmentally on program and event execution, marketing, strategy and community engagement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead ABC’s Business on Board, Designing Leadership and Digital Drawingboard professional development programs. Design the curriculum, engage with facilitators, and deliver content where appropriate. Oversee recruitment strategies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with over 1,200 alumni through engagement activities, including special networking receptions, educational workshops, a bi-annual newsletter, and book club.
- Evaluate activities and identify areas of growth.
- Manage ABC’s Defining Innovation speaker event series. Lead recruitment strategies and secure speakers with the Director.
- Assist with the planning and execution of ABC’s Annual Awards. Collaborate on enhancing the awards review process.
- Manage sponsor and foundation support across activities in partnership with the Chamber Investor Relations team, including identification, application, and reporting. Draft narratives on ABC’s activities that demonstrate impact.
- Be active and visible in the community. Willingness to attend events and network and support other organizations.
- Capture data and ensure it remains current in databases and client management systems. Identify process improvement approaches as needed.
- Support the Director in preparing and presenting information before various leadership teams.
- Oversee ABC’s social media and artist directory strategy and execution.
- Supervise one part-time intern.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.