Artistic Director of Education & Engagement, World Cafe Live
Posted by World Cafe Live on November 2, 2021
The Artistic Director of Education & Engagement leads World Cafe Live’s (WCL) programs with schools, youth, adults and community partners. This position combines the conceptual, creative and producing talents and perspectives of an artist with the leadership and management skills of a first-rate program leader. Collaborating with WCL colleagues, teaching artists and partners, this person will build on the continuity and success of existing programs. They will develop ideas, partnerships, strategy and goals for WCL’s creative projects in education, advise on content and serve as producer for specific projects.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Artistic Director of Education & Engagement will be responsible for supervising the Education Program Manager and, as appropriate, work with the Director of Development and Executive Team to develop fundraising strategies, plan program development and contribute to grant writing.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated experience as an artist and producer working at a high level;
- Demonstrated experience in conceiving, leading and carrying out projects that combine artistic rigor and value with substantive learning for participants;
- A commitment to and experience with centering racial equity in an organization and creating and leading programs through an anti-racist approach;
- A commitment to collaboration and an ability to engage participants from a variety of perspectives, abilities and backgrounds in the development and execution of process-based creative and educational work;
- Experience working and creating projects for and with: musicians and artists of other disciplines; youth; teachers; schools; people with disabilities; community groups;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with writing program and grant narratives;
- Experience in developing and managing project budgets;
- The ability to handle multiple projects and processes at once with an approach anchored in respect, listening and problem-solving;
- Excitement for joining an organization that celebrates shared experience and joy.
Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the music field are strongly encouraged to apply for this position, reflective of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in the Philadelphia region.
- Assistant Director, Scholar Recruitment & Success (Catto Scholarship), Community College of Philadelphia
- Chief Racial Equity Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Engagement Partnerships Consulting Manager, City of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.