Art Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
Posted by The Bridge Way School on August 30, 2022
The Bridge Way School seeks a part-time Art Teacher for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Art Teacher will oversee studio art curriculum and instruction through the development and facilitation of lessons/projects that reflect the mission of Bridge Way and align with the PA Academic Standards for the Arts and Humanities.
The successful candidate will…
- be an ardent learner and visual artist skilled in a variety of art techniques
- have prior experience as an art teacher
- possess outstanding planning and problem-solving skills
- be supportive, flexible, and solution-oriented
- recognize students as individuals, celebrate diversity, and support our school culture of equity and inclusion
- have a good sense of humor and willingness meet students where they are
- Bachelor’s degree
- PA certification in Art Education PK-12 (or hold MA and be eligible forprivate school certification)
- Prior teaching experience (minimum of 1-3 yrs.)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud apps; Photoshop and Lightroom (preferred)
- Current FBI and state of PA background clearances are required
- Develop and facilitate developmentally appropriate curriculum and lessons
- Differentiate instruction for all students
- Implement IEP accommodations and modifications
- Support students in acquiring the fundamentals of 2D & 3D art/design in order to make, view, and discuss art and art concepts (photography skills are a plus)
- Integrate art history and use of technology
- Provide timely feedback to students and update online grading system
Position is approximately 16-20 hours/week.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Angela Smith, Head of School, at [email protected].
- Education Program Manager, HIAS PA
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.