Applying GIS to Public Health Research
Posted by University of Pennsylvania on March 14, 2016
2016 Summer Institute
GIS and Public health
Applying Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to Public Health Research, Practice, and Public Policy
Date: June 1-3, 2016
By the end of the 3-day Institute, participants will be able to:
- Understand a broad range of ways that Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can be applied to public health research, practice, and public policy
- Critically analyze maps and research results developed using GIS
- Learn how to create and analyze thematic maps, geocode addresses, and conduct basic queries
- Implement a variety of field data collection methods used in GIS such as handheld GPS technology
- Develop individual research agendas which incorporate GIS methods
Please visit our website for more information.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Training: Empowering Youth Using Mentoring Strategies – Sep 10 or 14
- Tech Workshops for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Sep-Oct
- Tech Workshop for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Aug 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.