Apply to join the Citizen Police Oversight Commission
Posted by City of Philadelphia on October 5, 2021
The Kenney Administration and City Council are encouraging individuals to apply to join the Citizen Police Oversight Commission.
The Citizen Police Oversight Commission (CPOC) is a new independent oversight agency designed to ensure the just, transparent, and efficient administration of criminal justice in Philadelphia through fair and timely investigation into and oversight of conduct, policies, and practices of the Philadelphia Police Department and its officers. Commissioners will support the new Citizen Police Oversight Commission in its work to:
- Improve police conduct.
- Enhance the quality of internal investigations.
- Increase communication and engagement between the community and the Police Department.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Civic Innovation Scholars – Nov 15
- Webinar: Modern Methods for Attracting New and More Diverse Audiences – Nov 3
- For College Students: National Week of Deliberation – Nov 1-6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.