Annual Development Banking Conference
Posted by on August 18, 2008
We hope that you will join us at the NCIF Annual Development Banking Conference being held on November 6th & 7th, 2008. This premier event for community development financial institutions is made possible through the generous support of our sponsors. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is the Lead Sponsor and host of the event.
The 2007 Conference was a significant success with a keynote speech from the Honorable Sheila Bair, Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and participation from stakeholders like you, that have an interest in double bottom-line banking and are dedicated to helping low to moderate income communities prosper.
Please click here for a summary of the 2007 Annual Development Banking Conference:
We hope that you will join us again this year to listen in, share experiences and contribute to the future of the community development finance industry. As always, the NCIF Conference is focused on providing Actionable Strategies for Community Development Banks and Credit Unions that can be replicated to improve financial performance and enhance development impact. We are honored to have the Honorable Donna Gambrell, Director of the CDFI Fund, as a keynote speaker for this year’s event.
2008 Annual Development Banking Conference
November 6th & 7th, 2008
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
230 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60604
Key conference sessions will focus on:
* Investors Supporting CDFIs: Socially Responsible Investors, Foundations, Banks, Insurance Companies
* Foreclosure Crisis: Products to Assist Borrowers Facing Default
* Development Impact: Analyzing and Communicating Community Development Activity including NCIF Social Performance Metrics
* CDFI Fund Programs with special emphasis on the NMTC Program
* Marketing to Immigrant Populations: Issues and Opportunities
* Analyzing Underserved Communities: Branching Strategies, Segmentation of Demand
* Technology and the Provision of Financial Services to the Underserved: Mobile Banking, Stored Value Cards, Biometrics
* Valuation of Distressed Assets
* Mergers and Acquisitions as a Growth Mechanism
* Asset Quality Issues: Pitfalls to Avoid Delinquencies and Strategies to Manage Problem Loans
* SBA Lending
* Innovative Retail Financial Services Strategies in the Community Development Space
Today we want to let you know that Early Registration is now available by visiting NCIF’s secure website at http://www.ncif.org. You can also visit www.ncif.org to receive updates to the agenda and for more event information. Please call me or Saurabh Narain ([email protected]; 312/881.5826) with any questions or requests for clarification.
- Call for Proposals: Pathways to Achieving Civic Engagement (PACE) Conference – Nov 17
- Call for Proposals: 2024 IMPACT Conference – Oct 23
- Young, Smart, & Local 2023 – Nov 13-15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.