AmeriCorps*VISTA, Education Program Specialist, CCCSDV
Posted by on September 15, 2008
Job Title: Education Program Specialist – AmeriCorps* VISTA
Reports to: Education Program Director
The Education Program Specialist is responsible for assisting with the development of comprehensive strategic plan to manage and grow CCCSDV education programs.
- AA degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Previous experience with financial education program management, social marketing and public speaking and event planning is a plus.
- The ability to initiate, maintain and follow-through with relationships is key to this position.
- An energetic self-starter is preferred. Candidates who are well connected within the greater Philadelphia metropolitan area are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is essential. This person needs to manage deadlines and multi-task under varying conditions.
• Assist with the development of an overall strategic plan to reach internal program goals within the key areas of program participation, advertising campaigns, and community partnerships
• In concert with the Program Quality Director and Education Program Director, collect and analyze financial education data for outcome measures.
• Prepare and conduct presentations to funders, corporations, civic groups, and financial institutions when necessary
• Develop program curriculum and modify to fit community need
• Facilitate Motivational Wealth-Building Philadelphia Saves workshops
• Work with participating organizations to effectively train and promote programs to their constituents
• Research, identify, and recruit new community partners
• Join and participate in appropriate groups, committees, networking events to expand and build community network
• Actively seek out and identify organizations that could include Philadelphia Saves/Get Checking into their existing curriculum, or could serve as a frequent program host site
To apply, visit: http://cccsdv.org/who_we_are/employment_opportunities.php
- Director, Individual Freedom and Free Markets
- Community Engagement Associate, MANNA
- Project Assistant (F.A.C.E), School District of Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.