AmeriCorps & HR Program Manager, SBP New Jersey
Posted by SBP on January 7, 2020
SBP is an award-winning, innovative nonprofit organization that shrinks the time between disaster and recovery. A leader in volunteer-driven, post-disaster rebuilding; SBP educates, advocates and improves the disaster recovery sector so that we can collectively achieve more for communities. With a team of 50+ staff and 320 AmeriCorps members, SBP has rebuilt more than 1,300 homes across 8 states and shared best practices with many more.
SBP’s vision is to embrace constant improvement, community-wide collaboration, and clear benchmarks to reduce human suffering caused by the tolls of delay in recovery. By pairing resilience training with recovery operations, we strive to reduce the need for our rebuilding services over time by increasing preparedness among vulnerable communities.
SBP encourages individuals that are hungry for change and eager to innovate to join our team so that we can change the future of disaster recovery together.
The AmeriCorps & HR Manager handles the day-to-day operations of the AmeriCorps program for SBP’s service site by fostering a team member-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and integrity. This is done by carrying out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment and selection, orientation and organizational acclimation, program/ grants management, and team member support.
• Previous AmeriCorps experience is not required, but highly valued.
• 2-5 years prior professional experience is highly valued.
• Previous experience in Human Resources is highly valued.
• Previous experience managing federal grants is highly valued.
• Successful work history.
• Clear communication skills and a strong sense of maturity, positivity, and professionalism.
• Able to satisfactorily pass a Criminal History Check to include sex offender registry, New Jersey state, and FBI.
• Valid driver license and reliable transportation.
• Bachelor’s degree.
Recruitment and Selection:
• Develops and implements a comprehensive recruitment and interviewing strategy to meet all goals for the selection of staff and AmeriCorps positions. This may include assisting other SBP member placement sites in meeting their recruitment goals.
• Oversees candidate selection to ensure all candidates optimally fit organizational culture and position requirements.
• On-boards selected team members to include conducting background checks, file creation and support of relocating members.
Team Member Development and Support:
• Designs, implements and refines comprehensive, culturally-rich new member onboarding training practices to ensure members are well positioned to start service.
• Organizes regular trainings, professional development opportunities, and other talent development strategies to foster a more robust team.
• Manages team member performance evaluation, corrective action and grievance processes in a mature, professional manner- seeking to resolve issues as quickly as possible with clear steps for improvement and accountability.
• Serves as the champion in developing a culture focused on mission, leadership, accountability, innovation,results, and kindness through feedback and coaching.
• Collaborate with team of AmeriCorps Program Managers across SBP sites to ensure best practices and achievement of team goals
• Manages time tracking, time off, worker’s compensation, payroll and benefits in coordination with the National Human Resources Director.
• Maintains organized, compliant member and staff files- both paper and electronic.
• Tracks and reports on program data per SBP guidelines.
• Coordinate member deployments to other areas of the country in need of disaster response/recovery services. Performance Expectations:
• Translate broad goals into achievable steps.
• Help set and manage appropriate expectations.
• Plan and meet deadlines.
• Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of executive management.
• Demonstrate initiative and work as a team player.
• Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization and the not-for-profit sector.
• Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development.
• Flexibility to learn new skills and improve current systems.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to perform tasks effectively.
• Strong understanding of the importance of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Able to work in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace.
• Positive attitude, ability to take initiative and be self-motivated.
• Strong passion for the work of SBP and disaster recovery.
Click Here to Apply
- Deputy Executive Director of Place-Based Initiatives, City of Philadelphia
- Transforming Justice Hub Facilitator, CORA
- Data Analyst, Defender Association of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.