AmeriCorps Digital Service Fellow Program Supervisor, Urban Technology Project
Posted by Communities in Schools of Philadelphia on April 28, 2020
The Urban Technology Project (UTP) is an initiative of the School District of Philadelphia in partnership with Communities In Schools of Philadelphia, Inc. that empowers Philadelphia youth and their communities through meaningful technological experiences that link youth leadership development, education and community building. The AmeriCorps Digital Service Fellow Pre-apprenticeship is a program of the Urban Technology Project.
Program Supervisor Job Description:
The Program Supervisor of the Urban Technology Project reports directly to the School District of Philadelphia’s Assistant Director of I.T. Apprenticeship and oversees the AmeriCorps pre-apprenticeship program including supporting and managing 24 pre-apprentices and ensuring compliance with program and grant requirements.
Program Supervisor Job Duties:
● Oversee and support the development of AmeriCorps members assigned to schools throughout Philadelphia
● Lead a recruitment campaign for members including outreach, placement, and exit processes.
● Maintain rigorous oversight for all AmeriCorps compliance requirements related to the national service program, including background check processes, enrollment, exit timekeeping practices, quality assurance, reporting, and careful monitoring against CNCS Prohibited Activities.
● Conduct monthly site visits to each School District of Philadelphia partner school throughout the year.
● Guide school partners through the member recruitment and placement process including providing technical support to site supervisors, including training and support in the management of AmeriCorps members and compliance tracking software.
● Assist in developing training plans to enhance AmeriCorps member service and increase professional development and leadership skills.
● Travel to regional and national AmeriCorps events
● College degree or equivalent work experience
● Organizational and communication skills
● Experience leading AmeriCorps, national service or other youth programs
● Fluent in the use of GSuite Tools (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc)
● Attainment of one or more technical certifications such as ACMT, ACiT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, and/or CompTIA Project+
Start Date: July 1, 2020
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, additionally please include: AmeriCorps DSF Supervisor in the Subject Line.
- Youth EduSoccer Coach, Safe-Hub
- Project Director, Advancing Equity Through Public Safety – Feb 28
- Serve Philadelphia VISTA Corps Is Accepting Applications
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.