AmeriCorps Digital Service Fellow Program Supervisor, School District of Phila.
Posted by The School District of Philadelphia on December 10, 2019
The Urban Technology Project (UTP) is an initiative of the School District of Philadelphia in partnership with Communities In Schools of Philadelphia, Inc. that empowers Philadelphia youth and their communities through meaningful technological experiences that link youth leadership development, education and community building. The AmeriCorps Digital Service Fellow Pre-apprenticeship is a program of the Urban Technology Project.
Program Supervisor Job Description:
The Program Supervisor of the Urban Technology Project reports directly to the School District of Philadelphia’s Assistant Director of Apprenticeship and oversees the AmeriCorps pre-apprenticeship program including supporting and managing 24 pre-apprentices and ensuring compliance with program and grant requirements.
Program Supervisor Job Duties:
- Support candidates assigned to schools throughout Philadelphia, throughout the member recruitment, placement, and exit processes.
- Maintain rigorous oversight for all AmeriCorps compliance requirements related to the national service program, including background check processes, enrollment, exit timekeeping practices, quality assurance, reporting, and careful monitoring against CNCS Prohibited Activities.
- Conduct monthly site visits to each School District of Philadelphia partner school throughout the year.
- Support school partners throughout the member recruitment and placement process including providing technical support to site supervisors, including training and support in the management of AmeriCorps members and compliance tracking software.
- Assist in developing training plan to enhance AmeriCorps member service and increase professional development and leadership skills.
- Lead a recruitment campaign for members.
- Travel to regional and national AmeriCorps events.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Organizational and communication skills
- Experience with AmeriCorps, national service or other youth programs
- Fluent in the use of GSuite Tools (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Attainment of one or more technical certifications such as ACMT, ACiT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, and/or CompTIA Project+
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, additionally please include: AmeriCorps DSF Supervisor in the Subject Line.
- Vice President, Data & Innovation, Steppingstone Scholars
- Grant Writer (Contracted), Phila. Youth Basketball – Oct 3
- Community Outreach Coordinator, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Oct 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.