AmeriCorps Community Partnership Coordinator, PowerCorpsPHL
Posted by PowerCorpsPHL on June 25, 2018
Become an AmeriCorps Community Partnership Coordinator (CPC) AmeriCorps member with PowerCorpsPHL!
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Information and Application
PowerCorpsPHL is seeking dynamic individuals to serve as full-time, 10-month AmeriCorps members from October 1, 2018 through August 16, 2019. Community Partnerships Coordinators are full-time AmeriCorps members and will serve together as a small team connecting with community organizations to reach disconnected young adults and support them through the application process for PowerCorpsPHL. Community Partnerships Coordinators will work with organizations across the city, coordinate environmental stewardship service-learning opportunities, and serve outdoors alongside PowerCorpsPHL members and candidates.
Launched in September 2013, PowerCorpsPHL is a City of Philadelphia AmeriCorps initiative, administered in partnership with EducationWorks. It is designed to support Philadelphia’s environmental stewardship, youth violence prevention and workforce development priorities.
PowerCorpsPHL engages disconnected young adults, ages 18 to 26, in transforming their lives through service. During their term of AmeriCorps service, corps members work with partner City departments to tackle pressing environmental challenges, including the need for improved stormwater management, increased tree coverage, and revitalized public land. Upon completion of their service, alumni receive intensive transition support designed to enhance their chances for success in career-track employment, post-secondary education, and/or additional national service.
CPC AmeriCorps members will work with staff and community organizations to engage individuals interested in applying to PowerCorpsPHL in environmental service throughout the application process. They will:
• Coordinate environmental stewardship and sustainability service-learning events for applicants
• Work with current Recruitment Partner organizations to design ongoing recruitment activities
• Conduct community outreach to identify additional recruitment sources and connect traditionally underrespresented communities to environmental service and AmeriCorps
• Coordinate PowerCorpsPHL recruitment presentations
• Serve outdoors alongside applicants and current members to support our environmental restoration goals
• Serve as an ambassador for PowerCorpsPHL and Philadelphia-specific environmental issues within communities traditionally underengaged in AmeriCorps and environmental stewardship
• Assist with applicant interview tracking and compliance process
CPC AmeriCorps members will serve approximately 40 hours/week Monday through Friday from October 1, 2018 through August 16, 2018, also Saturday mornings, when necessary. They will serve both in the PowerCorpsPHL office, on outdoor environmental service project sites with crews, as well as across the community in partnership
with other organizations.
CPC AmeriCorps members will receive a living allowance of $650 every two weeks, before taxes. In addition, CPC AmeriCorps members who complete their service term will receive an education award of $5,815.00. This award, which is subject to taxation, can be applied to any federally backed loan or used to pay tuition in the future. Finally, CPC AmeriCorps members will receive a monthly SEPTA transpass.
Complete the online application, including resume and cover letter submission at https://www.cognitoforms.com/PowerCorpsPHL1/CommunityPartnershipsCoordinatorCPCApplication
Preference given to those with the following experience and interest:
• Community outreach or partnership development experience
• Mentoring, tutoring, counseling, or youth development experience
• Experience developing or coordinating service-learning activities
• Passion for/background in environmental issues
• Experience leading a team and working in a diverse team setting
• Strong public speaking and written communication skills
• Ability and enthusiasm to work outdoors and under adverse conditions (for example, heat, humidity, cold, rain)
• Ability and willingness to travel across the city
• Commitment to serve a minimum of 1700 hours over 10 months
• Available Monday through Friday, during business hours
• Ability to serve Saturday mornings, once per month
- Freedom Schools Literacy Academy Paid Teacher Apprenticeship
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.