America’s Healthy Food Financing Initiative – Dec 7
Posted by Reinvestment Fund on November 16, 2021
America’s Healthy Food Financing Initiative (HFFI), a public-private partnership administered by Reinvestment Fund on behalf of USDA Rural Development, seeks to improve access to healthy foods in underserved areas. HFFI’s Targeted Small Grants Program is currently offering grants ranging from $20,000 to $200,000, as well as technical assistance, to eligible healthy food retail projects across the country that seek to improve access to healthy food in underserved areas.
Funded projects must
- plan to expand or preserve the availability of staple and perishable foods in underserved areas with low- and moderate-income populations, and
- if the project involves retail sales, accept or plan to accept benefits under the supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP). Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations, for-profit business enterprises, cooperatively-owned businesses, institutions of higher education, state and local governmental agencies, and tribal governmental agencies.
Deadline to apply: December 7, 2021
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Innovation Grants Program, Seybert Foundation – Oct 2
- Beehives and Bee Programming – Oct 15
- Baseball Youth Development Foundation – rolling
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.