Alumni Engagement & Development VISTA, Urban Technology Project
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on December 7, 2021
The Urban Technology Project (UTP) is an initiative of the School District of Philadelphia in partnership with AmeriCorps and Communities In Schools of Philadelphia, Inc. now LAUNCH. UTP’s dual mission aims to advance digital literacy and equity through education and training to develop the present and inspire the future generation of technologists.
UTP’s I.T. Apprenticeships provide unrepresented individuals with paid hands on work experience, industry recognized credentials and mentorship in preparation for a career in the technology field. As technology apprenticeships gain more recognition by employers as a viable talent pipeline, there is a need to increase awareness of apprenticeship among low-income populations. Learn more about the Urban Technology Project.
Since 1965, AmeriCorps VISTA members have been serving local non-profit organizations across the country to fight poverty through capacity building initiatives. VISTA members commit to a year of service to develop sustainable processes to build and improve the efficiency of nonprofit organizations.
The VISTA member will report directly to the School District of Philadelphia’s Executive Director of I.T. Apprenticeship (UTP). The VISTA member will develop an alumni engagement strategy to support the growth of UTP’s Alumni Network. The member will develop an engagement calendar, update the alumni database and create opportunities for alumni to contribute to the program. Additionally the VISTA member will support with special projects and UTP’s mentoring program. This role is ideal for a career changer, retiree or anyone looking to serve a greater good.
Program Supervisor Job Duties:
- Develop an alumni engagement plan
- Maintain alumni databases
- Track alumni success post-graduation
- Create opportunities for alumni to give back to the program (mentorship, employer introductions, donations, etc.)
- Recruit and train alumni for mentorship
- Coordinate alumni events
- Support mentoring program
- Assist and support grant research and grant writing
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- Project Management experience
- Grant writing experience
- Volunteer Engagement experience
- Familiar with google applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Ambitious & motivated
AmeriCorps Living Allowance & UTP Benefits:
- VISTA living allowance annual – $14,960.40 annually
- Housing Assistance – $800 per month
- Transportation Assistance – $100 per month
- Food Assistance – $350 per month
- Education Award/Scholarship – $6,345 at completion of service year
Start Date: Immediately
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, additionally please include: VISTA position in the subject line.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.