All About Healthcare With Pennie – Jul 27
Posted by State Representative Brian Sims on July 27, 2021
Have you heard about Pennie? It’s the new way in Pa. to find healthcare coverage. Join State Representative Brian Sims at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, July 27th for a virtual meeting that’s all about Pennie and how it can help you find affordable health care in Pennsylvania.
Enrollment through Pennie ends soon, on August 15th, so if you are in between jobs without health coverage you should tune in to learn more about how to apply and the costs associated.
You can watch on Rep. Sims’ Facebook page or on his website. The video will appear once our event has begun! Send your questions now to RepSims@pahouse.net or drop a question in the Facebook comments as the session goes along.
Pennie has completed the first phase of implementing the American Rescue Plan. In many cases, Pennie customers will see significant savings under the new law.
Here’s what that means for you:
- Pennsylvanians who need health insurance can see all the new savings they qualify for by creating an application on Pennie.com.
- Current Pennie customers can edit and resubmit their application to see their new eligibility for advance premium tax credits applied to their account.
- Pennsylvania taxpayers eligible for unemployment compensation in 2021 can check a box within the Pennie application to receive the maximum levels of advance premium tax credits and cost sharing reductions afforded to them under the American Rescue Plan.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- 68th Annual Conference of the Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies – Oct 11
- PHL AC Alumni Chapter Vision for National Service Event – Sep 22
- PHAN’s 2021 Virtual Health Conference – Oct 21-22
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.