Agriculture and Food Research Initiative
Posted by on February 01, 2010
USDA’s 2010 Ag and Research Initiative includes funding for nutrition and obesity: USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) expects to release its request for applications for the 2010 Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI), established under the 2008 Farm Ball, no later than mid-February. AFRI will support interdisciplinary projects in five areas to achieve significant and measurable outcomes.
1. Keep American agriculture competitive while ending world hunger
2. Improve nutrition and end child obesity
3. Radically improve food safety for all Americans
4. Secure America’s energy future through renewable biofuels
5. Mitigate and adapt agriculture to variations in climate.
Grants in 2010 will provide funding up to $25 million and offer five-year grants with eligibility for renewal upon achieving specific goals. For more information about the AFRI funding opportunity, visit the NIFA Web site.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Program Evaluation support for education programs – Aug 1
- Kids Run the Nation grants program – Aug 1
- RFP for research to reduce violence – Jul 11 (LOI)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.