Agents of Change Conference
Posted by Allegheny College on December 15, 2014
Please Save the Date for the AGENTS of CHANGE CONFERENCE!!!
The Agents of Change conference will take place at Gannon University in Erie, PA, on March 27-28th. The conference is for students, campus staff, faculty, and community/government staff active in community service, service learning and campus community partnership work.
The conference will be hosted by The Lake Effect Leaders an AmeriCorps VISTA Project in consortium with Allegheny College, Gannon University, Mercyhurst University and The Nonprofit Partnership!
There will be four tracks at the conference related to social justice, community empowerment, and social change:
1) Education: School Readiness, K-12 Success, Post-Secondary Success
2) Economic Opportunity: Financial Literacy, Housing, Employment
3) Healthy Futures: Access to healthcare, Food Access/Security, Home bound seniors and disabled individuals
4) Veterans and Military Families: Engaging Veterans in service, providing services to veterans and military families
The conference planners welcome workshops and presentations in each of these four areas and are specifically looking for proposals that include:
• Reviews, how-to’s, lessons learned, and/or critiques of existing campus-school-community partnerships
• Discussion of collaborations between organizations/initiatives and other sectors
• Design sessions that facilitate some project planning/start-up
• Presentation of relevant community-based and school-based programs with suggestions for how higher educational institutions might become involved
• Best practices for using service-learning or civic/community engagement to address community issues
The keynote speaker for the Agents of Change Conference will be Greg Crowley, PhD, President and CEO of Coro Pittsburgh.
Registration to present or lead a workshop is below. We would also encourage you to set up a table about your organization during the conference. If you are interested in having a table, please reply to this email! Registration to attend the conference will follow.
Agents of Change Conference – Workshop Registration
- Young, Smart, & Local 2023 – Nov 13-15
- National Student Vote Summit – Nov 15-17
- 2023 CUMU Annual Conference: Resilient Campuses. Resilient Cities. – Oct 15-18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.