Afterschool Webinar: Building Workforce Skills in Afterschool
Posted by Afterschool Alliance on January 29, 2018
Wednesday, January 31 at 2 p.m. ET
Afterschool and summer programs across the country are helping to close the gap between the skills and competencies students possess and the needs of employers. These programs are addressing these needs by teaching students to effectively communicate, work in teams, and solve problems; connecting students to professional development opportunities; and helping them explore and discover new interests.
Join us for a conversation with Education Practice & Immersion for Credit, Sunrise of Philadelphia, and Minneapolis Beacons to discuss how their programs are helping students build fundamental skills for future success.
- Chavis Lickvar-Armstrong, Senior Assistant Researcher, The University of Kansas
- Eric Brown, Former Economic Development Director, Salina Area Chamber of Commerce
- Laura Johnson, Director of Programs and Evaluation, Sunrise of Philadelphia
- Hayley Tompkins, Specialist, Beacons Network
- Leah Silverberg, Research Assistant, Afterschool Alliance (Moderator)
More in "Miscellaneous"
- National Youth Participation in America’s Schools Survey – Jun 10
- Online Event: The Network for College Success on the Developmental Relationships Survey Tool – Jun 21
- Culture of Democracy Summit (Virtual & in Person) Jun 10-13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.