after school soccer volunteers needed, Bayard Taylor School
Posted by Bayard Taylor School on February 19, 2019
Bayard Taylor school is searching for Volunteers to assist with after-school soccer program Tuesdays/Thursdays.
When: 3pm-5pm Tuesdays/Thursdays, from March 5th to May 27th (subject to change based on rain days)
Where: Bayard Taylor Elementary School (Program takes place in school yard)
3698 N Randolph St
Philadelphia, PA 19140
3:00-3:09 – Sign into the main office
3:09-3:15 – Volunteers would be responsible for taking attendance of 30 3rd-5th graders (There are other students and adults in the cafeteria during this time)
3:15-4:15 – During the program, volunteers can simply help the Soccer coaches by supervising students during group trips to the bathroom/water fountain, and help with behavior management (ie. if a student has to sit out, sitting with them, maybe talking them through what happened so they can join the group again). Volunteers also have the option of working with the Soccer coaches to have a more active coaching position and help facilitate drills, ref practice games, etc.
4:15 and on (typically no later than 4:45) – Volunteers will stay with students in the gym lobby and dismiss them to their parents until all students have been picked up.
– Have all required clearances as defined by the school district (Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal Background Clearance, and possibly Mandated Reporter Training Certificate)
– Communicate with Community Partnerships Coordinator when running late
– Communicate any questions or issues to Community Partnerships Coordinator
– Communicate attendance with the Soccer Coaches
– Not required, but it is helpful to call parents if they are late picking up their student. (This would be done with your personal cell phone)
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Write Away Digital Literacy Mentorship Program: Mentors Needed – Jan 31
- Accepting Applications: Swipe Out Hunger’s Inaugural Leadership Council
- Volunteer Assistant Coach, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.