After School Program Facilitator Position, Netter Center
Posted by Netter Center for Community Partnerships on October 12, 2021
The Netter Center for Community Partnerships at the University of Pennsylvania is recruiting afterschool instructors to lead programming at our University-Assisted Community Schools (UACS) in West Philly.
The Netter Center’s university-assisted community schools (UACS) is a strategy to educate, engage, empower, and serve all members of the community in which the school is located and engage students (K-16+) in real world, community problem solving. UACS collaborates with partners to advance teaching, research, learning and service, as well as the civic development of their students.
The specific responsibilities of UACS After School Instructors include:
- Managing students & participants in the Netter UACS Enrichment Program
- Providing tutoring, program planning and implementation
- Regularly reporting tasks completion and program updates to Site Director or supervisor
- Coordinating program promotion and outreach to surrounding community and to program families
- General set up of program space
- Ensuring students & participants are engaged and having fun
- Attending professional development trainings
- Implementation of proper Netter UACS Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring the safety and awareness of students, including following COVID-19 safety protocols
- Capturing attendance of students
- Demonstrating positive youth and community development principles at all times
- All staff must be fully vaccinated by October 15th unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Staff must have or be able to obtain the following clearances to work with children before starting work: PA Child Abuse Certification, FBI Fingerprinting Report, PA Criminal Record Check, Mandated Reporter Training Certificate, National Sex Offender Registry Verification. The Netter Center will pay for these clearances and assist staff in obtaining if needed.
Qualifications: High school degree required, plus at least 1-3 years of experience working with school-age children. Experience in K-8 urban educational settings is required. After school experience preferred. Strong candidates will have experience in facilitating successful youth development programs. Must possess a track record of successful collaboration and communication, and be organized, dependable, flexible and seeking to grow and improve.
- Community Outreach Coordinator (Part-Time), OCCCDA
- After School Literacy and Math Instructors, 21st Century Community Learning Center
- Bi-Lingual Family Ambassador (Chinese-Mandarin), OCCCDA
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.