Advocacy, Belonging and Career (ABC) Virtual Program – Jul 5
Posted by Collective Success Network on June 13, 2023
Registration is now open for Collective Success Network’s (CSN) free Advocacy, Belonging and Career (ABC) program, open to first-generation and/or low-income (FGLI) college students and recent graduates who want to find their voice and learn how to advocate for themselves and others.
Following an Orientation on July 5, sessions include:
- a keynote from author Elliot Felix on “Designing Your Ideal Workplace”;
- a panel of FGLI young professionals on transitioning from school to work;
- strategies for identifying and defining issues you care about and want to advocate for;
- engaging in “Crucial Conversations” (when emotional stakes are high), and
- giving and receiving meaningful feedback in the workplace.
- The final session will feature participants’ original policy briefs on an issue of their choosing.
The ABC program will meet virtually on Wednesday evenings from 6 :30 – 8 pm from July 5 to August 16.
Participants who complete the program and write a short policy brief will be eligible to receive a $500 stipend.
Registration is open until June 26.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Documentary Screening: A Hope that Lights the Way – Oct 6
- In Good Taste: An Introduction to Food Design – Oct 7
- Read by 4th Virtual Lunch & Learn: Teach For America’s High Dosage Tutoring Initiative – Nov 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.