Admissions Specialist, College Together – Sep 9
Posted by College Together on August 30, 2022
About College Together
Do you believe that higher education needs a fresh and innovative approach? Are you an advocate of young adults and a believer in educational and economic justice? Would you like to be part of a team that is building a new college experience in Philadelphia?
At College Together, we believe that for true equity to occur, we must rethink higher education itself–not simply improve college on the margins. CT’s mission is to build a new and trusted college option for all of our city’s youth.
Our learners, ages 18-25, earn an accredited Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree while taking on little to no debt. CT is a partnership with Southern New Hampshire University, the nation’s largest non-profit university. Students are enrolled in SNHU’s digital project-based college curriculum and are supported in-person every day by College Together. At CT, they access one-on-one help; take part in a tight-knit learning community; and have access to a plethora of wrap-around resources.
We are searching for a full-time, early-career Admissions Specialist to join our small but growing staff. They will work mainly in the field, liaising with traditional and charter high schools, community organizations, and other higher education access programs/events throughout the Philadelphia region. The Admissions Specialist will drive student enrollment through a detailed-oriented approach, collect data, and respond in a timely manner on all things recruitment-related. They will be part of a fast-moving, outcomes-focused, and dedicated team intent on building a nonprofit that is impactful, sustainable, and scalable.
As the Admissions Specialist, you will:
- spend a large portion of your time in the field recruiting potential students and developing relationships with counselors, school leaders, and other stakeholders in higher ed access.
- conduct multiple presentations weekly, presenting in high schools and local organizations that work with college-bound young adults.
- utilize data to identify and target groups of prospective students and identify trends in enrollment to influence positive outcomes.
- mentor a caseload of active students towards degree completion.
- add your strategic voice and capacity to College Together’s mission of serving young learners as Philadelphia’s new and equitable college option.
Application deadline: September 9, 2022
- Chief Racial Equity Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Engagement Partnerships Consulting Manager, City of Philadelphia
- Education Manager, Al-Bustan
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.