Admissions Manager, City Year Greater Philadelphia
Posted by City Year Greater Philadelphia on February 26, 2018
The Regional Admissions Manager ensures the admissions needs of the site are met, while supporting the matriculation of a diverse, prepared corps for the entire region. The role implements a consistent process that enables strategic intake, communication/customer service, process management, and placement of applicants at City Year locations. The role works closely with site staff to ensure the right AmeriCorps members are identified to fill the needs of the site.
- Implement and Monitor Strategic Admissions and Matriculation Plan: Implement and monitor a strategy and placement process that ensures talent and diversity of applicants across multiple sites within the region.
- Customer Service Delivery: Implement a comprehensive communication and customer service plan; Direct responses to general e-mail and telephone contact for City Year locally as well as regionally; respond to and route inquiries to appropriate team(s).
- Increase Efficiency of Application and Selections Process: Working with regional leadership, identify and establish greater alignment with Service Impact and other relevant departments.
- Implement Applicant Selections Process: Conduct Admissions interviews and support interview days; Facilitate applicant selections committees; Manage applicant files; ensure AmeriCorps and City Year compliance.
- Develop Strong Internal Relationships: Build and manage relationships with home site corps, staff, and leadership to address the evolving needs of Admissions in a local, regional, and national context; Work with regional leadership to facilitate solutions to challenges of competing priorities, and ensure that individual site needs are met while achieving overall regional goals; Inform and implement the Senior AmeriCorps selections process, working closely with Impact Operations at home site.
- Serve as Home Site Liaison: Conduct annual interview training for Selections Interviewers at home site; Support site leadership with real time recruitment and admissions data; Provide local Recruitment and Admissions perspective in decision making process.
- Confirmed AmeriCorps Member Management – Implement national strategy to retain confirmed AmeriCorps members through mailings, social media engagement, and general customer service; Prepare incoming corps for service expectations, identify possible attrition risks within the incoming corps, and support corps background check and registration process.
- Performance Analysis and Strategy: Compare site-based admissions performance and structure course correction as needed to meet interval goals; Use data as a management tool.
- Team Growth and Development: Attend regional team meetings, events, and calls; Maintain connections and collaboration.
- Regional Model Growth and Development: In partnership with other members of the National Recruitment and Admissions team, work with recruitment teams and site leadership to continue building upon a regional/national recruitment and centralized admissions pool; Travel to National Recruitment meetings and events as applicable.
- Academic Coordinator for Online Instruction, Civic Education Project – Summer 2022
- Program Manager (Full-Time), Book Trust – Feb 2
- Real-World Learning Project Manager, Phila. Learning Collaborative
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.