Admissions Coordinator, ACHIEVEability
Posted by ACHIEVEability on January 12, 2015
Supervisor: Director of Self-Sufficiency
Overall Purpose and Objective of Position:
• The admissions coordinator is responsible for coordinating and ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the intake, application and lease signing process for all prospective participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
• Review and ensure all application packets for prospective participants are complete.
• Track and follow up with all prospective participants prior to and after Orientation.
• Conduct applicant outreach on a regular basis to ensure that there is an abundant waitlist.
• Conduct intake and participate in Orientation for prospective participants.
• Maintain waiting lists for all housing units.
• Attend and contribute to weekly vacancy meetings.
• Collaborate with Property Management and Real Estate Division to ensure vacancies are kept to a minimum by managing the waiting list and ensuring all documentation needed for lease completions are available.
• Maintain a list and provide referrals for agencies that offer subsidies for rent and security deposits to prospective participants.
• Update information in the database for all prospective participants..
• Establish and maintain relationships with the Office of Emergency Shelter Services (OESS)
and various other shelter providers and social service agencies.
• Develop and maintain a yearlong schedule of outreach at shelters, transitional housing agencies and various social service programs.
• Create and maintain a resource guide of agencies for housing and social services referrals to be provided to the self-sufficiency team to assist participants who need help.
• Facilitate training for new social service staff on the intake process.
• Schedule training for and prepare direct social service staff for outreach meetings.
• Other duties and all reasonable requests by Management as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or experience in intake and application processing
• High level of interest in education
• Interest in the use of technology as one of the tools to facilitate learning basic computer skills, including Word and Excel
• Connections in the education and social service communities, or desire and ability to make those connections
• Commitment to the mission of AchieveAbility
• Ability to meet deadlines and to multi-task
• Outstanding problem solving skills
• Excellent organizing skills
• Great work ethic, positive attitude
• Ability to prioritize
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• High level of motivation and initiative
• Achievement orientation
• Ability to cope with setbacks and slow progress
• Creative thinker
• Team player
Geographic Location of Work:
Office work will be performed primarily at ACHIEVEability Offices at 21 South 61st. In addition, participant meetings, orientation and workshops may take place at a variety of locations, including at 59 North 60th Street, and 35 North 60th Street. Networking and trainings will take place at various locations in the Greater Philadelphia area.
The position entails 40 hours of work per week. General work hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The position does require work outside of these general hours, at times to be determined by the supervisor. The need to offer workshops and orientation to clients at times convenient and accessible to clients requires work outside of these general hours. This includes evening and weekend work. When such work outside these general hours is required, the supervisor will make arrangements for the employee to take time off during general work hours.
. This job description supersedes all prior versions.
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org: (1) your resume and (2) a cover letter indicating (a) your interest in the self-sufficiency coach position and the reason for your interest, (b) your philosophy about helping families in need, (c) where you heard about this position, (d) your salary requirement and (e) the names and contact information of 3 references. Indicate “Admissions Coordinator – YourFirstNameYourLastName” on the subject line of your e-mail.
- National Health Corps: Community Health Fellowship
- Adult Education Associate, AFAHO – Feb 28
- Executive Director, Joseph’s House of Camden
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.