Administrator, Department of Family and Community Medicine
Posted by Thomas Jefferson University Hospital on July 18, 2016
Administrator – Department of Family and Community Medicine
Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
The Administrator, Family & Community Medicine manages and coordinates the daily business operations, including education, research and clinical practice, of all of the department’s main and satellite areas. In addition, provides management in the areas of budget and finance, personnel selection and management, facilities, business operations, research and clinical activity.
- Prepares budgets pertaining to research, clinical and administrative activities in accordance with University and Hospital guidelines. Prepares supporting budget schedules and performs budget reconciliation and analyses. Prepares financial forecasts and explains budget variances on an ongoing basis, and as needed by the Chair (or designees), University and Hospital.
- Oversees pre-award and post-award administration of all federal and nonfederal grant accounts. Prepares budgets for all new and continuation grant applications. Ensures timely preparation of PAR and PAF changes as required by grant budgets. Creates and maintains an accrual accounting system for monitoring grant expenses on a daily basis. Liaises with the Office of Research Administration for grant issues including human subjects, animal protocols, radiation safety and biohazard/biosafety regulations.
- Manages the administration of faculty affairs. Oversees, with Chair, all faculty recruiting, hiring, credentialing, promotion, tenure, annual evaluations, post-tenure review and salary funding. Assists chair and medical directors in tracking and reviewing faculty output in education, research, and scholarly work, and administration as well as clinical productivity.
- Assists the Chair in all human resources activity for the department. Oversees, with the Chair, the hiring, termination, classification, training, salary administration, payroll, evaluation, and employee relations activity for all clinical and administrative personnel. Ensures policies and practices of TJUH and JUP are observed. Supervise the administrative support staff, or delegate supervisory function where appropriate. Handle personnel issues including disciplinary and performance problems. Oversee and approve all timekeeping records.
- Monitors trends such as patient volume, case mix, physician charging patterns, quality and safety performance, patient satisfaction and physician satisfaction and based on those trends, develops and recommends procedural changes to the Chair. Works directly with TJUH to insure programs are appropriately integrated into the hospital and functioning according to budgets and strategic plan for both the hospital and department.
- Monitors the activity of the Department, College, Hospital, Research, Foundation, and Discretionary accounts. Reviews and performs monthly reconciliation of all financial statements. Analyzes and reports variances to prior year and budget, as applicable. Provides summary data to Chair (or designees) on an ongoing basis.
- Reconciles and resolves all financial deficits on a monthly basis, to ensure financial solvency as required by JUP, JMC, TJUH and University.
- Provides oversight for billing functions including charge entry and accounts receivable follow-up; evaluates the performance of billing/coding office or contractors.
- Works with TJUH and JUP compliance offices to ensure physicians are trained in documentation standards and are compliant with HCFA, JUP and TJUH policies. Monitors reimbursement for provider services and works with TJUH and JUP to identify problems and take corrective action.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
- Freedom Schools Literacy Academy Paid Teacher Apprenticeship
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.