Administrative Program Coordinator, Bryn Mawr
Posted by Bryn Mawr College on June 14, 2022
Bryn Mawr College has an opening for an Administrative Program Coordinator in the Career & Civic Engagement Center.
The Career & Civic Engagement Center (the Center) is an organization that houses the functional areas of civic engagement and career engagement. The Center provides experiential learning opportunities for undergraduate students and programs for alumnae/i and undergraduate students. This position will work to support the missions of: Career Engagement, which is to provide opportunities for students and alumnae/i to maximize their liberal arts education, preparing them to make intentional decisions about their futures; Civic Engagement which is to collaborate with community-based organizations to prepare students to be socially responsible leaders and citizens through purposeful action, reflection, and learning; and the overall Center, which is to prepare liberal arts students and alumnae/i to be effective, self-aware leaders in their chosen life pursuits. The position will do this work by providing administrative support to the Director of Career & Professional Development; providing front-office management to Career Engagement; assisting with administrative aspects of the on-campus interview program, internship funding program, and the offices’ electronic systems; and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as employers and alumnae/i. The individual will collaborate with other Career & Civic Engagement Center team members to deliver top-notch service to students, staff, faculty, alumnae/i, organizations, vendors, and others who are integral to achieving our goals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for greeting guests who visit the Student Life and Wellness Building which houses three Centers: Pensby Center for Community Development & Inclusion; Student Health & Wellness Center; and Career & Civic Engagement Center.
- Answer telephone and route calls/take messages
- Manage central Career Engagement email accounts (firstname.lastname@example.org, recruit@, and internships@)
- Supervise and train student office assistants
- Oversee student office assistants hiring process
- Calendar support for designated team
- Arrange internal and external meetings including determining attendees’ availability and meeting locations
- Order and maintain supplies for Career Engagement team and other functional areas of the Center as needed
- Provide logistical support for Career & Civic Engagement Center events
CENTER-WIDE SYSTEMS & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- Order, distribute, monitor, and report on completion of multiple (6) self-assessment tools for 500-750 students per year
- Assist in screening and posting job opportunities (>4,000 opportunities annually) in the online platform, Handshake
- Assist in organization and coordination of the 200+ internship funding applications
- Support internship course and funded student requirements for ~120 students – set up and maintain Moodle, monitor assignment deadlines and send reminders, distribute assignments for review, maintain spreadsheet for enrollment, schedule make-ups for orientation
- Produce and manage on-campus interview schedules, check-in students for interviews, check-in employers
- Produce and manage student check-in process for over 1,500 career counseling appointments and drop-ins, note and enter no-shows in Handshake
- Oversee the Center’s use of the Handshake kiosk
- Serve as ambassador for Handshake for the Career & Civic Engagement Center team
- Manage credentials letter process
- Prepare invitations and confirmation emails for alumnae/i and employer guests
- Monitor the Center’s LinkedIn pages and connect students with the alumnae/i tool
- Serve as a contact for alumnae/i who call, e-mail, and visit the Center
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Strong skills in database management, including advanced Microsoft Excel, are required. Candidate must have strong intermediate-to-advanced computing skills, knowledge of social media, outstanding oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work on teams. This position is situated in the atrium of the new Student Life and Wellness Building; the successful candidate will have comfort working in an open, public area with a high level of foot traffic. Develop strong relationships with students, alumnae/i, employers, faculty, and staff. Possess organizational, problem-solving, and priority-setting skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and diverse populations.
- Must have a strong customer-service orientation to all who visit or call the Center.
- Excellent verbal, written, and public relations/communication skills.
- Provide support to Career Engagement and Center-wide staff by assessing the needs of visitors and callers and discerning between time-sensitive requests and those which are more routine; address and/or route accordingly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a busy, heavily trafficked Center with the ability to prioritize needs and to start and stop projects with minimal loss of momentum.
- Proficiency with Excel including advanced features such as pivot tables, formulas, and producing reports, preferred.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with a college student population and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, organized, flexible.
- Proven track record in establishing effective working relationships with students, alumnae/i and staff.
- Strong interest in working with liberal arts college students and promoting liberal arts.
- Able to attend or coordinate occasional evening and weekend events.
- Vice President, Data & Innovation, Steppingstone Scholars
- Grant Writer (Contracted), Phila. Youth Basketball – Oct 3
- Community Outreach Coordinator, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Oct 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.