Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
Posted by Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia on October 4, 2022
Purpose and General Description
The Development Events Associate is a key player in our fundraising team. The Administrative and Events Associate will report to the Development Director and serve as a member of the Development Team. This position will manage event communications, promote and support programming, and steward current BCYC sponsors. In addition this individual will be responsible to fulfill all event sponsor benefits and oversee solicitation of in-kind support when possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, promote and support all Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia events including creating registration pages through our soapbox platform, a website page with details of event, design program books, sponsorship decks and all day-of materials for 2 major events, our Gala and Vision Zero Conference
- Provide logistical support at events, including vendor supervision and event set-up
- Support sponsorship tracking in Salesforce; handle sponsorship fulfillment (logo placement, sponsor registration, table setup)
- Create event blogs
- Promote event sponsors in social media channels; build and communicate staff plan; support staffing and logistics for day-of event logistics
- Respond to or appropriately delegate responses to DMs / comments on IG, Facebook, LinkedIn and blog posts
- Employ the full range of communications tools including digital, social, visual, presentations, and written remarks
- Proactively drive events from concept to completion.
- Adopt and enhance company’s voice and messaging
- Post event content and respond to inquiries on Facebook and Instagram
- Complete digital version of the Annual Report
- Assist with website management, page updates, job and calendar postings
- Education Program Manager, HIAS PA
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.