Addictions Recovery Counselor, Project HOME
Posted by Project HOME on August 15, 2016
Addictions Recovery Counselor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work cooperatively with staff to interview and assess new residential applicants with substance use history. Assist in completing the initial intake.
- Work cooperatively with staff in developing a recovery plan for residents in recovery from substance use.
- Meet, on a formal and informal basis, with residents to provide education and encouragement.
- Facilitate recovery groups as scheduled
- Initiate, Coordinate and schedule recovery groups and trainings, bringing in special speakers
- Coordinate services and linkages as needed with outside agencies/providers.
- Perform both routine and random drug screens as necessary.
- Attend program meetings and linkage meetings as necessary.
- Serve as integral partner resident recovery meetings.
- Maintain case records and reports as required. Utilize ETO database for all documentation.
- Alternate on-call responsibilities with other residential staff for emergencies.
- Work with residents and supports through crises, assessing the situation and preparing appropriate plans and interventions. Report and respond to incidents in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assist and accompany through higher level of care evaluations and communications with CBH and service providers.
- Collaborate with residents and other supports to create appropriate discharge plans.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college & a CAC certification, OR a BSW with a concentration in drugs/alcohol or minimum of 5 years’ experience with D&A population
- Experience providing supportive, therapeutic counseling and/or consultative services to individuals in recovery.
- Three years of experience working with substance use population
- Persons with lived experience are strongly urged to apply
- Ability to climb stairs
- A valid driver’s license is a plus but candidates must have the ability to travel to multiple sites in the North Philadelphia and the Center City area.
- Good verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team experience
- Available to be on call
- Basic computer literacy
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug screen and background checks.
Project HOME reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
- Enrollment and Partnerships Manager, Let’s Get Ready
- Communications Manager, National Constitution Center
- Digital Media Specialist, National Constitution Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.