Activities Coordinator, Nationalities Service Center
Posted by Nationalities Service Center on June 30, 2014
Posted on: June 12, 2014
NSC is a non-profit organization that provides social, educational, and legal services to immigrants and refugees in the greater Philadelphia area. Our strength lies in the diversity of our clients and services. Since NSC’s founding in 1921, our mission has been to help immigrants and refugees participate fully in American society. Each year, we help approximately 4,000 individuals from over 90 countries.
The Activities Coordinator will oversee the delivery of activity-related programming to members at the Senior Center. The Activities Coordinator will create and coordinate the monthly calendar of events and activities. This position will advertise, communicate, and generate interest in program activities and events. This position will also assist with providing administrative services, participate in some activities, assist with meal preparation and delivery, and assist with Senior Center program floor set-up and breakdown.
The Activities Coordinator has internal contacts with the entire administrative staff and external contact with members, social workers, social service resources, visitors, and the general community. This position has access to sensitive NSC information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position has regular contact with members of the community and is expected to represent NSC in a professional manner.
The Activities Coordinator will report directly to the Program Director and participate in department activities as necessary.
- Plan, schedule, communicate, market, and oversee activity-related programs, trips, and presentations at the Senior Center.
- Proactively seek additional activity-related programming resources through networking.
- Provide suggestions to enhance the effectiveness of activity-related programming at the Senior Center.
- Create and coordinate monthly calendar of scheduled events, trips, activities, and presentations.
- Create flyers to advertise events, selling tickets for trips, and keeping track of funds received for ticketed events.
- Shopping for props, materials, and supplies for center events or kitchen.
- Setting up- preparing space for scheduled activities (ie. Moving furniture, rearranging room to accommodate event).
- Assist with both Para transit rides and changes for individuals using Para transit system and ordering bus and van service when required for trips.
- Receiving, checking, and faxing back CCT Rider Report Summaries to SEPTA and Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (PCA).
- Employer Recruitment Consultant
- Development and Special Events Manager, Young Audiences Arts for Learning – Jul 8
- Marketing Manager, Young Audiences Arts for Learning – Jul 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.