Accounting Manager, Cristo Rey High School
Posted by Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School on February 1, 2022
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, a college preparatory, Catholic school for students of all faiths, nurtures and challenges young people to recognize and realize their full potential. Founded in 2012 and based in a beautiful campus in the Tioga neighborhood of Philadelphia, the school serves over 525 students in grades 9-12, drawing from low-income households across the city of Philadelphia as well as Camden.
Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), an integral part of the Cristo Rey model in which every student works one day a week throughout their four years at the school. This program helps prepare graduates for a successful start to their career after college completion.
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team of highly motivated and mission-driven professionals. The Accounting Manager will be a key leader of our Finance function, responsible for all day-to-day accounting functions, and will work closely with managers from all areas of school operations to support the smooth function of the school. This position is a hands-on and dynamic role; the Accounting Manager will oversee the monthly close and reporting process and will have opportunity to assist in cash forecasting and the annual budget and audit process in collaboration with the Vice President of Finance and Operations. The Accounting Manager will report into the VP Finance and Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all general ledger accounting: cash receipts, cash disbursements, and journal entries, including all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Oversee accounting for family contribution (tuition) and that subledger.
- Assist with monthly close and processing of financial statement packets for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage monthly balance sheet reconciliation and reconciliation with other school systems for donations and tuition.
- Record and analyze bank activity; maintenance and reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Lead analysis of cash flow, including monitoring of donor receivables, work study partner billing, and family contributions (tuition).
- Support the fiscal year budgeting and reporting.
- Oversee program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period.
- Oversee the payroll function (processed with Paychex) and related systems.
- Oversee the coordination of financial audit and the gathering of required audit information, IRS Form 990 preparations and filing activity.
- Participate in an organization-wide initiative to update systems supporting all aspects of Cristo Rey operations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Assistant Group Supervisor Aide Seasonal Summer 2022 (Full-Time Temporary)
- Gaudenzia Job Fair, Wilmington, DE – Jun 2
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.