Access Manager, Bicycle Transit Systems
Bicycle Transit Systems (Bike Transit) aims to be the global leader in bike share system implementation and operation. Leveraging over 25 years combined experience of our staff in sustainable transportation, Bike Transit brings a new approach to the planning, implementation and operation of bike share systems. In spring 2015, in partnership with the City of Philadelphia, Bike Transit will be launching the Philadelphia Bike Share system with 60 stations and 600 bikes. Our mission is to make bike share a healthy, easy, accessible and enjoyable way to get around Philadelphia. One of the objectives defined in the Philadelphia Bike Share Strategic Business Plan (http://www.phila.gov/bikeshare/Documents/Highlights.pdf) is to “Develop a system that serves users in minority and low-income communities and improves their access to key destinations, such as jobs and recreation.”
Under the guidance of Bicycle Transit staff the Access Manager will lead the Philadelphia program. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing, implementing, measuring and managing our Social Equity and Accessibility Programs, which will include a ground-breaking program to enable access to bike share without a credit or debit card, as well as collaborating with the other partners, including the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia (BCGP), on targeted marketing and outreach efforts. The successful applicant will be a high energy and an entrepreneurial leader with a diverse set of skills, including strong quantitative, technical, written and verbal communication skills. The ability to work with many different types of people experience in marketing and outreach, and a passion for the social equity values and goals of Bike Transit, BCGP and the City of Philadelphia are desired.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Develop a program to allow people without credit cards to access the Philadelphia Bike Share program. This program will likely include partnership with one or several institutions or community groups representing different Philadelphia neighborhoods to ensure individual accountability for the bicycles, financial backing from the foundation grant, and technical understanding of the backend of the bike share system;
- Work with Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia to develop and implement marketing and outreach programs and materials to create, maintain and increase strong ridership from targeted neighborhoods;
- Develop metrics and measurement tools to track and report against social equity and accessibility goals;
- Develop monthly reports on all elements of the program including but not limited to ridership, revenue, participation and funding reports;
- Work with software developers to set up online access portals for program users;
- Represent Bike Transit in national programs associated with social equity in bike share; and
- Undertake any additional aspects of program management and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree;
- Minimum five years of experience in program management, Public Health or Social Services;
- Demonstrable experience in developing program frameworks, timelines and budgets;
- Understanding of and experience with outreach and education strategies targeted to diverse and traditionally underserved neighborhoods and populations.
- Experience working with government agencies and community groups, especially as it relates to social equity and/or diversity programs;
- Experience working with new technology and developing online forms and tools;
- Experience in marketing and outreach;
- Strong ability with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, with database management a plus;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (Spanish is a plus), including public speaking and presentation, and ability and desire to work with many different types of people;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to come up with new ideas, and thrive in a flexible and constantly changing environment; and
- Passion for bicycling, public health and social equity.
- Learn more about Rebuild’s skilled trades Winter 2024 academies – Jan 9
- Special Assistant to the President/CEO and Board Liaison, Philadelphia Education Fund
- Learning & Outreach Coordinator, Hope Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.