Academic Coach, ACHIEVEability
Posted by on July 29, 2013
ACHIEVEability is a nonprofit organization that provides comprehensive and intensive support for families so that they can break the generational cycle of poverty, maximize their potential and achieve self-sufficiency. The ACHIEVEability Family Self-Sufficiency Program helps low income, single parent, and formerly homeless families to achieve self-sufficiency by helping the parents to complete postsecondary degrees, develop life skills, obtain jobs, pursue careers, and engage in holistic personal development – while helping their children to grow up well-adjusted and do well in school.
The Academic Coach Associate tutors parents, most of whom are pursuing their associate’s or bachelor’s degrees. Their majors range from social services and behavioral health to business to nursing and allied health professions. Most parents need help with basic math and writing.
We are looking for a temporary Academic Coach Associate that is patient, has an enthusiasm for teaching and learning, ability to motivate and possess excellent people skills.
– High school diploma and some college.
– Commitment to the mission of ACHIEVEability
– Enthusiastic, energetic, creative, follows through, flexible and eager to learn
– Willing to work evenings and comfortable working in an urban environment
– General computer skills, including word processing, internet and email
– Punctuality, flexibility, ability to multitask, and prioritize.
– Ability to complete documentation accurately
– Ability to communicate and connect with and positively motivate adults and children
– Great work ethic, positive attitude, sense of responsibility and initiative
– Ability to work effectively in a team environment and exercise tact and self-control
Anyone interested must submit their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Academic Coach” in the subject line.
- Communications and Outreach Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Jul 18
- Annual Fund Officer, Pendle Hill – Jul 20
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.