6th Annual STEAM Education Workshop, Feb 17
Posted by ExCITe Center on January 28, 2020
6th Annual STEAM Education Workshop
Monday, February 17, 2020 (Presidents’ Day), 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
EXCITE CENTER: 3401 Market St, Suite 100, Philadelphia, PA 19104
For the sixth year, we will be convening education innovators. At ExCITe, STEAM is more than education. It’s the belief that the creativity and “maker” spirit that is common to both the Arts & Design and the STEM fields provides a relentless source of inspiration and innovation. Most importantly, the convening of diverse perspectives spanning STEM and the Arts offers unique opportunities to share ideas, form new connections, and sow the seeds of transformation.
If you have not yet claimed a spot at #STEAMShop2020, seats are going fast! Sign up for the morning presentations, afternoon hands-on workshops, or all day. RSVP to claim a ticket here: https://excite.ticketleap.com/steamshop20/.
Keynote Speaker: Frank Machos
Executive Director, Office of the Arts & Academic Enrichment
School District of Philadelphia
Additional speakers include:
- Rasheda Likely (Drexel University)
- John Henderson (Germantown Friends School)
- Ashley Turner (Philly Tech Sistas)
- Ezechial Thurman (Hill-Freedman World Academy)
- Dr. Frank Lee (Drexel University)
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual CEA Learning Series: Building Coalitions – Jan 17
- Community-Driven Research Day (CDRD) – Feb 9
- PA Campus Vote Project Advocacy Training: Reflective Democracy and State Voting Rights Act – Jan 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.