Popular Girls Health Workshop is Now Virtual! – Girls with Options
PCCY is now offering a virtual, live re-boot of our successful contraceptive education workshop, “Girls with Options” for girls ages 13 and older in the greater Philadelphia area. Schedule a workshop for girls in your summer school or camp or even for an informal group of girls you pull together in your neighborhood. Over 600 teen girls who have participated in the workshop say it is valuable information that they are not getting anywhere else and should be shared widely with others!
Research shows a gap in girls’ knowledge about the full range of birth control options limiting girls’ ability to make the best reproductive health decisions for themselves when they are ready.
Girls with Options seeks to fill this knowledge gap for girls you work with by:
- Providing an overview about the female reproductive system
- Ensuring teens are informed about their full contraceptive options, including the history of, side effects and benefits of LARC (Long Acting Reversible Contraception – implants and IUDs), so that they can make more informed decisions about their reproductive health, and
- Providing information about LARC as it relates to future planning & goal setting.
Learn more about “Girls with Options“: https://www.pccy.org/initiatives/girlswithoptions/?emci=99ca47eb-26b6-ea11-9b05-00155d039e74&emdi=ea000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&ceid=
Schedule a Virtual Session in English or Spanish this Summer
We can conduct the session in English or Spanish. Because of the pandemic, we’ve successfully adopted the content and program materials to deliver with live facilitation via video conferencing. Contact us to schedule a session and/or to learn more about the program.
We are aiming to connect with at least 200 girls by the end of July. We look forward to working with you and your girls! And please share this email and opportunity with your networks – repost this and this. Thank you!
[And don’t miss the thought-provoking articles PCCY’s Girls With Options Director, Dr. Tawanna Jones Morrison has written for Ms. Magazine about supporting students and Black girls and women in particular in these turbulent times!]
To schedule a workshop contact one of the staff below:
Dr. Tawanna Jones Morrison
Project Director, Girls with Options
firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-230-1088
Health Educator, Girls with Options
email@example.com 215-563-5848 x35
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Education Equity Summit Series: Building Equitable Environments in Our Schools, U.S. Dept. of Ed. – Jun 22
- Interfaith Leadership Virtual 3-Day Institute – Aug 6-8
- T Book Club: A Discussion on Invisible Man – Jun 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.