Henry E. Niles Foundation
Posted by Henry E. Niles Foundation on March 14, 2016
The mission of the Henry E. Niles Foundation is to help in the nurturing and uplifting of people in need. The Foundation strives to support humanitarian efforts, including faith-based endeavors, that:
- strengthen education including special education, literacy and others
- fight economic hardships through self-help opportunities
- enhance public health and sanitation on a global basis
Primary Program Interests
The Board is currently highlighting the following areas:
- Education – Included in this interest area are primary, secondary and higher education for those motivated individuals who are unable to obtain the benefits of quality education without assistance.
- Economic Self-Sufficiency – This program area includes but is not limited to: job training, the encouragement and support of entrepreneurialism, mentoring, and micro-credit initiatives.
- Health & Independence – Special interests here include medical and public health assistance for the elderly, the poor, the disadvantaged and the disabled.
Guiding Principles & Considerations
- The Foundation favors programs addressing long-term solutions to the causes of problems, as distinguished from programs that simply treat the symptoms.
- The Foundation puts added emphasis on programs and organizations that address the intersection of its various program interests.
- The Foundation encourages pilot initiatives that test new program models.
- The Foundation has a particular interest in organizations that promote collaborative efforts among groups and organizations.
- Qualities sought by the Foundation in its grantee organizations are: effective and dynamic personnel; passionate leadership; a bias against bureaucracy; prudent management & governance practices; and commitment to results and overall assessment of program impact.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- 2023 AmeriCorps State Program Grants – Sep 7
- AmeriCorps 2023 State and National Grants Competition – Jan 5
- Systems for Action research program – Sep 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.