Development Director, Northern Children’s Services
Posted by Northern Children's Services on June 30, 2014
Posted on: June 17, 2014
The Development Director, under the direct supervision of the President/CEO,conducts and coordinates ongoing development efforts to raise funds and cultivate relationships with donors. The position involves broad responsibility for the design and execution of fundraising projects and includes the solicitation of new and existing major individual donors; overseeing annual fund and corporate giving programs; identify and acquire appropriate grants; organize events; manage social media and web content; and provide oversight for the integrity of the donor database.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years development experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of effective fundraising strategies including grant seeking, individual donor cultivation, corporate employee volunteer programs and event production
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong computer skills, ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results and proficiency in Donor Perfect preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small and large group presentations
- Ability to conceptualize NCS’ Mission and Theory of Change and to communicate the concept to others effectively, and with desired results
- Ability to maintain poise and demeanor appropriate to portray an image of professionalism as defined by NCS
- Documented history of successful business development, fundraising, and large event planning
- Demonstrate skill in applying and modifying knowledge of practical problem solving, recommending solutions, and implementing and evaluating changes
This position requires travel to various locations. Northern Children’s Services is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity. Northern Children’s Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, class, disability, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.
- AmeriCorps VISTA Leader, National Nurse-Led Care Consortium (NNCC) – May 1
- Program Coordinator I, Institute for Empowering Equitable Education in STEM (E3)
- Assistant Director, Institute for Empowering Equitable Education in STEM (E3)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.