23rd Annual Greater Philadelphia Martin Luther King Day of Service
Posted by Global Citizen on October 9, 2017
Please join us as a key partner on Monday, January 15 for the 23rd annual Greater Philadelphia King Day of Service, the largest King Day event in the nation.
Last January, some 145,000 people of all backgrounds and ages volunteered throughout the tri-state region in the 22nd annual Greater Philadelphia Martin Luther King Day of Service. As a result:
- 65,000 meals were prepared and served to those in need.
- 34,000 books were donated and sorted for distribution to centers and schools in some of our region’s most underserved communities.
- 56,000 hygiene kits or toiletries were donated and distributed to those in need.
As you plan for the January 15 King Day of Service–and ongoing service beyond–we encourage you to think about organizing a project(s) that embraces Dr. King’s legacy of citizen action, social justice, and meets the needs of the community.
To register your 2018 project(s), visit http://www.mlkdayofservice.org and click the “Register a Project” button on the top menu bar. Please register your 2018 King Day project(s) as soon as possible and no later than Friday, December 1. This will allow you to publicize your projects, recruit volunteers, and request FREE King Day of Service T-shirts.
If you need help using our website, please call us at 215-851-1811 or email us at email@example.com. To help support your organizing efforts, we will host a series of organizing workshops and webinars. We will discuss best practices for project development, volunteer management, and outreach.
If you have further questions about the planning process, contact Mela Still, Outreach and Programs Manager, at Mela@globalcitizen365.org or 215-851-1806.
We look forward to continuing our work together to organize meaningful service opportunities for the January 15 King Day of Service.
More in "New Resources"
- Thinking outside the box: Watson sets a new vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Civic Engagement (Rutgers Camden)
- Higher Education’s Anchor Mission: A Sharpened Imperative & A Framework for Action
- 2022 Kids Count Data Book: National, State-by-State Data Show Depth of Mental Health Pandemic for Youth
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.