21 Ideas for Summer of Service 2021
Posted by Youth Service America on June 1, 2021
Summer months bring long days, warm weather, school vacations – and great opportunities for kids to serve and families, camps, and youth groups to plan projects together.
We’ve compiled our annual list of Summer of Service events and opportunities that you can participate in this summer. From swimming, camping, and hosting lemonade stands to hobbies, gardening, and spending time with grandparents, there are ideas for you to turn almost any summer activity into a service project!
- Help End Summer Hunger
- Lemonade Days – June 5-13, 2021
- World Ocean Day – June 8, 2021
- World’s Largest Swimming Lesson – June 17, 2021
- Great American Cleanup – through June 20, 2021
- Help End Alzheimer’s on The Longest Day – June 20, 2021
- United Way Day of Action – June 21, 2021
- Protect Wildlife During the Great American Campout – June 2021
- National Summer Learning Week – July 12-16, 2021
- Take Action Against Poverty on Mandela Day – July 18, 2021
- National Night Out – August 3, 2021
- International Youth Day – August 12, 2021
- Learn and Serve in a National Park
- Serve Our Nation’s Veterans
- ServiceVote – Advocate and Connect Service & Voting
- Join & Lead Through Youth Development Organizations
- Design for Change
- #BeKind21 – September 1-21, 2021
- Serve to Remember on 9/11 Day of Service
- Do Something Grand on Grandparents Day – September 12, 2021
- Apply for a YSA Grant
More in "New Resources"
- New Study: State Spending on Poverty Really Pays Off for Kids
- How to Better Serve Latino Students
- Student Voting Resources, Campus Compact
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.