2023 CUMU Annual Conference: Resilient Campuses. Resilient Cities. – Oct 15-18
In few short weeks, CUMU will welcome higher education administrators, scholars, and community partners to our 2023 Annual Conference: Resilient Campuses. Resilient Cities. We’re proud that our conference has become a ‘go-to’ conference for higher education leaders, and hope you’ll join us in Washington D.C., October 15-18, 2023.
With 130+ sessions, there are opportunities to connect with and learn from fellow CUMU members who are doing truly impactful work across North America and in Canada, Great Britain, and South Africa. Here are key sessions you won’t want to miss.
- Huddles, Sunday, October 15
- Social and Economic Mobility Huddle
- Hispanic Serving Institutions Huddle
- Workforce Development Huddle
- Community Engagement Evaluation Huddle
- Pre-conference Workshops, Monday, October 16 (Pre-registration of $25/person is required and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.)
- Anacostia High School and University of the District of Columbia: Inspiring and Facilitating Future Climate Change Leaders
- Georgetown’s Prisons and Justice Initiative: Responding to Mass Incarceration with Education
- Life Pieces to Masterpieces: A Story of Transformative Partnership and Action
- We’re All In: Martha’s Table Charters New Path as a Community-Led Organization
- Community Experiences, Tuesday, October 17 (Pre-registration of $25/person is required and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.)
- Advancing Institutional Infrastructure for World-Class Engagement: The Pitt Model
- Development and Fundraising for Community-Engaged Projects
- Emerging Trends and Innovations in College Student Mental Health
- Getting Started in Advocacy for Students’ Basic Needs Security
- Monday, October 16: Raising the Bar: The Future of Higher Education, Nasser Paydar, Assistant Secretary for Postsecondary Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Tuesday, October 17: Diversity and Free Expression in Higher Education, Jeremy C. Young, Freedom to Learn Program Director, PEN America; Neijma Celestine-Donnor, Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, School of Social Work, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Roundtables, Wednesday, October 18
- Participants rotate between tables to discover new ideas, programs, and initiatives in a conversational atmosphere.
- Networking opportunities
- Sunday, October 15: Welcome meet and greet
- Tuesday, October 17: Poster sessions: discover new ideas while networking with presenters
- Tuesday, October 17: CUMU Signature Reception hosted by George Washington University with expansive views of the National Mall
- Third Annual 1619 Project Education Conference (Virtual) – Feb 17-18
- Call for Presentations: 2024 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference – Jan 12
- Call for Proposals: 2024 Active Citizens Conference – Jan 25
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.