2022-2024 FAO Schwarz Fellowship, The Clay Studio – Feb 10
Posted by The Clay Studio on November 23, 2021
As artists, advocates, and educators, The Clay Studio is committed to ensuring the space, support, and inspiration necessary for expression and mastery in the ceramic arts. We work in partnership with artists and the community to advance the ceramic arts as a force for good to build connections where all can flourish.
The FAO Schwarz Fellowships are two-year paid positions that develop the leadership skills of recent college graduates interested in pursuing careers related to social change.
The FAO Schwarz Fellow at The Clay Studio will split their time between direct service: working with our Claymobile Community Program and our After School Program and strategic project work. In addition, the Fellow will spend about 10 percent of their time on professional development, cohort gatherings, and their Fellowship role.
The FAO Schwarz Fellow at The Clay Studio will engage directly with students served through programs offered by The Clay Studio and will work on curriculum development.
The Fellow will:
- Serve as a Teaching Assistant in the Claymobile program.
- Assist the Teaching Artist throughout the lesson by working one-on-one with students.
- Serve as the After-School Coordinator and directly support the after-school program’s homework help piece.
- Liaise between partner sites, schools, and neighborhood families for the after-school program.
The Fellow will split their time between direct service and strategic project work. In addition, the Fellow will spend about 10 percent of their time on professional development, cohort gatherings, and their Fellowship role.
The FAO Schwarz Fellow will focus on creating new and enhancing existing curriculum resources for the Claymobile program and other youth-focused programming.
The Fellow will:
- Formalize current lessons into a lesson plan format, including background resources, vocabulary, curriculum standards, image references, project templates, and more.
- Design and build program resources.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of our annual Teacher Open House and training for Claymobile and youth programming staff.
Successful candidates will have strong academic records, leadership potential, and a commitment to social impact. Applicants must be college seniors at accredited four-year colleges or universities at the time of application and be eligible to work in the United States for the duration of the two-year Fellowship. The application deadline for the 2022-2024 cohort is February 10, 2022 (11:59 pm EST). The Fellowships are paid two-year full-time positions and include benefits.
- Watershed Adaptation Corps, Drexel Univ. – May 31
- Community Manager, Habitat for Humanity – May 27
- 9th Grade Summer Bridge ELA Teacher, Steppingstone Scholars
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.