2021 Summer Institute on GIS & Public Health – June 14-18
Posted by Penn Center for Public Health Initiatives on April 13, 2021
This comprehensive institute is designed to develop the following skills:
- Understand a broad range of ways the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can be used
- Critically analyze maps and research results developed using GIS
- Learn how to create and analyze thematic maps, geocode addresses, and conduct basic queries
- Implement a variety of field data collection methods used in GIS such as handheld GPS technology
- Develop individual research agendas which incorporate GIS methods
Technology: Participants will need to install ArcGIS 10.7 on a PC computer or laptop. ArcGIS can be installed on Mac computers only if running Windows operating system. We will have ArcGIS licenses and download/configuration instructions, but participants must have a PC computer or a Mac computer running Windows operating system to participate in the lab portion.
Dates and Times: Monday, June 14 through Friday, June 18, 9am – 12pm
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Community Tech Resource Fair and Public Comment Session – Dec 16
- Philly Student Art Winter Sale – Dec 9
- FACT Workshop: Unscripted Project: Improv for Families – Dec 16
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.