2020 Gulf South Summit on Service-Learning and Civic Engagement through Higher Education – Mar 25-27
Posted by Gulf-South Summit on February 4, 2020
POSTPONED UNTIL March 17 – 19, 2021
Attending the 2020 Gulf-South Summit on Service-Learning and Civic Engagement through Higher Education or thinking about it? Don’t miss out on the chance to attend one of the interesting and informative Pre-Conference Sessions!
- Learn about initiatives to deal with food insecurity in the Nashville community by visiting 3 organizations with unique approaches to dealing with this challenge.
- Learn about the Role of Students in the Civil Rights Movement in Nashville with visits to Fisk and Tennessee State Universities, the Woolworth lunch counter and the Nashville Public Library Civil Rights Room..
- Learn how music is being used to build healthy communities in Music City in a session at Belmont University’s historic Ocean Way Studios.
- Learn from experienced service-learning practitioners Patti Clayton, Senior Scholar, Center for Service and Learning, IUPUI, and Lesley Graybeal, Director of Service-Learning and Volunteerism, University of Central Arkansas
Information about the conference: https://www.gulfsouthsummit.org/
Register for the Pre-Conference and the 2020 Gulf-South Summit: http://www.gulfsouthsummit.org/2020-conference/2020-pre-conference-sessions/
- 2021 PEN World Voices Festival – May 18-22
- The Promise of Full Participation: Resilience & Responsibility for Racial and Environmental Justice – May 25
- Call for Proposals: 2021-2022 Campus Compact Webinar Series – May 21
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.