2019 Award for Excellence in Educational Access
Nominate an NPEA Member for the 2019 Award for Excellence in Educational Access:
Nominations Now Being Accepted Through February 28
About the Award:
For the fourth year in a row, NPEA Member Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is generously sponsoring the Award for Excellence in Educational Access. The Award will recognize an NPEA Member Organization, Program, or School who has made a notable difference in the lives of underserved students and has demonstrated:
- Effective practices in supporting underrepresented students with high-quality educational opportunities along the K-16 continuum;
- Commitment to using data to inform and improve programming as well as organizational/school practices more broadly;
- Support for students’ personal growth and success as critical thinkers, ethical leaders, and supportive community members;
- Commitment to sustainability, including evidence of systems that support long-term success and/or potential growth;
- Leadership in the community and commitment to the field of educational access; and
- Creative problem-solving, innovation, adaptability, and productive growth in meeting the needs of their constituents.
The winner of the award will be announced at the 2019 national conference. The conference, Raising Our Voices: Bold Innovations That Empower Students, will be held on April 3-5, 2019 at the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza in Chicago, IL. Please note: While encouraged, nominees are not required to attend the conference to be eligible for the award.
In addition to a formal announcement and recognition at the conference, the award winner will receive:
- A $5,000 monetary award for the member organization/school, made possible through the generous award sponsor, Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- Recognition on the NPEA website, NPEA’s Twitter and Facebook pages, and in the NPEA newsletter
Download an overview document outlining the Award details, review a PDF of the Award nomination form, and submit a nomination by Thursday, February 28. All nominations will be reviewed by a committee, and the winner will be announced at the 2019 NPEA Conference in Chicago this April.
SUBMIT A NOMINATION
More in "Miscellaneous"
- RISE Communities Training Program – Air sensor and team development training for community-academic partnerships – Apr 1
- Hybrid Event: Ways of Knowing Symposia Kickoff – Mar 7
- Webinar: Service-Learning is Civic Learning – Mar 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.