2018 Equity Symposium
Posted by National School Boards Association on December 11, 2017
February 3, 2018
This one – day symposium provides a forum for school board members, public school advocates, and community leaders to examine and discuss the strategies, current trends, research, and best practices that are positively impacting the educational outcomes of academically and economically disadvantaged students in traditional K-12 public settings.
The event, sponsored by the National School Boards Association (NSBA), National Council of American Indian/Alaska Native School Board (AIAN), Council of Urban Boards of Education (CUBE), National Black Council (NBC), and National Hispanic Council (NHC), is focusing on building the capacity, knowledge, and skills of school board members around issues of access, equity, and diversity in public education.
Topics to be covered include:
- Mental healthcare for students of color, including trauma sensitivity
- Parental & community engagement, an inclusive approach
- Supporting immigrant students
- The impact of Pre-K gaps on high school graduation gaps
- And more
For more information, contact Lucy Berrier, Program Lead, Equity Programs at email@example.com (link sends e-mail).
- Save the Dates: International Climate Symposium – Oct 24-26
- Call for Proposals: 5th Annual National Black Men Educators’ Convening – Aug 19
- Call for Proposals: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Presentations – Aug 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.