2017 Excellence in AmeriCorps Programming and Service Awards
It is time to honor excellence in AmeriCorps service and programming with the third annual “Harkin” awards.
Named to honor long-time service champion, Senator Tom Harkin, the recipients will be honored at the AmeriCorps State and National Symposium in September, at the Hyatt Regency in Arlington, VA.
Nominations are accepted from AmeriCorps NCCC, VISTA, State, National, and tribal programs for excellence in the following categories:
- Best new program addressing a critical priority (programs launched since September 2015);
- Most significant enhancement to an existing program;
- Member with disability (ies) who significantly contributed to increasing the participation of other individuals with disabilities in national service; or
- Most compelling member experience in building an ethic of civic responsibility or experiencing positive change in their life.
The deadline for 2017 nominations is July 14. The nomination form and details for completion are located here. Please share this information with your staff, grantees, members, board, and partners, and encourage them to submit nominations.
Thank you for spreading the word about this great recognition opportunity!
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Free Webinars and Resources from Nonprofit Learning Lab
- Co-facilitate a Fall Community of Practice – Aug 26
- Online Event: The State of Youth Mental Health – Aug 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.