2015 AmeriCorps Notice of Funding Opportunity
We are pleased to announce the release of the 2015 AmeriCorps Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) and additional resources needed by applicants.
The AmeriCorps program provides grants to eligible organizations, including institutions of higher education. Applicants must propose how to engage AmeriCorps members in evidence-based or evidence-informed interventions to strengthen communities.
Below is a list of key dates and other resources in case your institution is interested in applying:
Notice of Intent to Apply is required to be eligible for this competition and is due Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 5 p.m. EDT. *
Applications are due Wednesday, January 21, 2014 at 5 p.m. EDT. We expect that successful applicants will be notified no later than May 8, 2015, contingent on timely full-year appropriations. Applications are submitted online via eGrants. **
In the FY 2015 AmeriCorps competition, we are prioritizing the investment of national service resources in:
- Disaster Services — improving community resiliency through disaster preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation
- Economic Opportunity — increasing economic opportunities for communities, specifically opportunity youth, both as the population served and as AmeriCorps members.
- Education — improving student academic performance including STEM
- Environment — 21st Century Service Corps
- Veterans and Military Families — positively impacting the quality of life of veterans and improving military family strength
- Governor and Mayor Initiatives
- Programming that supports My Brother’s Keeper
- Multi-focus intermediaries that demonstrate measurable impact and primarily serve communities with limited resources and organizational infrastructure. i.e. rural and other under-served communities.
Please submit questions about this funding opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses will be included in a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that will be updated periodically on the NOFO webpage.
Please also see information about Managing AmeriCorps Grants and Applying for State and National Grants for valuable tips, training, and other resources.
If you want to receive updates about this and other Corporation for National and Community Service funding opportunities, please join our email list by using the email icon in the upper right corner of our website, http://www.nationalservice.gov and register for “New Funding Opportunities.”
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- 2023 Spruce Foundation Grant, Nonprofit Youth-Focused Programs – Mar 27
- 9/11 National Day of Service Feed the Funnel Grant Program – Feb 17
- Education for American Civic Life initiative – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.