2013 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
Posted by on March 05, 2013
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
You are invited to join us for the 2013 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis October 27 – 29, 2013.
Please consider submitting a proposal by March 29. We would be particularly pleased to receive proposals addressing topics in any of the tracks listed in the bullet points below.
We will feature special track plenary sessions and workshops emphasizing assessment in:High Impact Practices (First-Year, Civic Engagement, Learning Communities, Service Learning, Capstones, etc.) – Coordinators: Sarah Baker, Julie Hatcher, and Kristin Norris, IUPUI
ePortfolios – Coordinator: Susan Kahn, IUPUI Faculty Development – Coordinator: Megan Palmer, IUPUI
Global Learning – Coordinators: Gil Latz, and Dawn Whitehead, IUPUI, and Darla Deardorff, Duke University STEM ( science, technology, engineering, mathematics) Education – Coordinator: Stephen Hundley, IUPUI
Student Affairs Programs and Services – Coordinators: Rob Aaron, IUPUI and Katie Busby, Tulane University In addition, we will present sessions with national assessment leaders, a poster session, and additional learning opportunities emphasizing: · Accreditation · Assessment in General Education · Assessment in All Major Fields
· Assessment Methods · Assessment in Community Colleges · Institution-Wide Data Collection/Use · National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
· Use of Technologies in Assessment KEYNOTE PANEL: v Thomas A. Angelo, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia v Trudy W. Banta, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis v Peter T. Ewell, National Center for Higher Education Management Systems v George D. Kuh, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment v Jeffrey A. Seybert, Higher Education Consultant
To submit a proposal, go to: http://www.planning.iupui.edu/institute , select “Submit a Proposal” to download and complete the form, and email it along with a description to firstname.lastname@example.org .For more information, please consult our website: http://www.planning.iupui.edu/institute or contact Trudy Banta at: Phone: (317) 274-4111; Fax: (317) 274-4651
Deadline is March 29, 2013
- Call for Proposals: PA Assoc of Nonprofit Orgs – Aug 10
- Youth Service America Launches the 50% Youth Participation by America250 Campaign – Aug 8-10
- Call for Papers: International Journal of ePortfolio – Dec 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.