2006 National Service Learning Conference Workshops
Posted by on February 10, 2006
2006 National-Service Learning Conference Workshops are online now!
Over 200 workshops, including special tracks for youth, the service-learning “rookie”, community based practitioners, higher education faculty & staff, practitioners interested in research, disaster preparedness & response, and others.
For workshop descriptions and times visit:
Please join over 2500 participants from across the country and around the world in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from March 22nd -March 25th for this year’s action-packed conference! In addition to great workshops, this year’s highlights include:
* Keynote speeches by Howard Zinn, renowned author of “A People’s History of the United States”; Hafsat Abiola, the 27-year-old human rights activist from Nigeria who founded the Kudirat Initiative for Democracy; and author, historian, and speaker, Gerda Weissmann Klein, founder of The Gerda and Kurt Klein Foundation;
* On-site bookstore, featuring a variety of resources for all levels;
* The exhibit hall, a gathering place for service organizations from across the country;
* A showcase of the best service-learning projects from the Atlantic region;
* Networking sessions;
* On and off-site service projects;
* A night out at the National Constitution Center;
* Cheese steaks, soft pretzels, Mummers, and more!
For more information and registration please visit the National Youth Leadership Council’s webpage at http://www.nylc.org
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Webinar: Spotlight on the Coalition for Anti-Racist Literacy at Bryn Mawr – Sep 22
- Fall PHENND Meeting: Sustainability – Sep 30
- Recording and Slide Decks: K-16 Partnerships June Institute: Education as Community-Building
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.