Two-Part Virtual Training: The Essentials: A Curriculum for People Who Mentor Black Youth – Jul 27&29
Posted by MENTOR Independence Region on July 13, 2021
MENTOR Independence Region is offering a free, two-part, virtual training The Essentials: A Curriculum for People Who Mentor Black Youth on July 27, 12PM-2PM EST and July 29, 12PM-2PM EST. In order to develop authentic relationships with Black youth, mentors delve deep into their own power and privilege, unpack their own biases, and understand how to manage and use them in a mentoring relationship.
In this interactive virtual training participants will:
- Move beyond cultural competence towards an integration of critical consciousness.
- Build their capacity to meet their mentees “where they are” and help mentees embrace and engage existing social capital.
- Learn skills and tools to embrace and impart a critical consciousness model into their mentoring approach.
Learn more and register here.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Online Event: The 5th Annual Mentoring Conference – Jan 29
- PA Disconnect in Cyber Charter Oversight and Funding – A Children First Report – Jan 27
- Online Event: Writing Inside-Out – Feb 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.