Youth Service America
Youth Service America: Afterschool Grants, Deadline Oct. 4
With generous support from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, YSA will award Afterschool Grants of up to $500 each to support youth-led service or service-learning in afterschool programs. Grants are offered on a competitive application basis and open to any afterschool program that meets the following requirements:
- Grantees will engage at least 50 youth as volunteers in service or service-learning projects between November 2019 – May 2020;
- Grantees agree to submit an online impact report by May 31, 2020;
- Preference will be given to programs that engage a large percentage of youth from underserved communities;
- Applicants should focus on engaging middle and high-school aged youth;
- Applicants may work locally, regionally, or statewide. Afterschool coalitions are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for multiple grants;
- Applicants must be based in the United States; and
- Activities can take place any time between November 1 and the end of the 2019-2020 school year. We will provide additional planning resources to grantees for MLK Day of Service (January 20, 2020) and/or Global Youth Service Day (April 14-16, 2020); participation in both of these days is optional.
More Grant Opportunities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.